The North Durham Community Engagement Project has been set up by Durham Community Action and North Durham Clinical Commissioning Group to improve patient, public and carer engagement in the North Durham area. The project aims to complement existing networks such as Healthwatch and Patient Reference groups.
The project has a free membership scheme and is inviting local people and voluntary organisations to join. The scheme has two types of membership:
1. Inform: members receive regular information about health services, issues and decisions in their geographical area.
2. Involve: members also have the opportunity to shape and influence what services are needed and brought into their area for the public, patients and carers by attending focus groups, meetings etc.
Individuals, groups or organisations can also join the free membership scheme and have a say on health services available or not available in their area. It is envisaged that this project will help people to understand their rights and to have a voice in the provision of local healthcare.
By becoming a member of NHS North Durham CCG you will:
• Receive regular updates about the work of North Durham CCG
• Receive invitations to events
• Have opportunities to give your views about areas of healthcare that interest you
• Be able to participate as much or as little as you like by choosing your level of membership
If you are interesting in joining or would like more information on the project or the membership options please contact Anne-Marie Parkin, Community Engagement Project Officer/Administrator at Anne-Marie.Parkin@durhamrcc.
org.uk , telephone 01388 724040 or go to the website. The Project will be coming to EVRA's March meeting to meet Esh residents (date to follow shortly!).